|Two tours a day. Three-hour tour.
Subject to changes of itinerary according to the day of the tour.
|9:00 a.m. / 2:00 p.m.
||- Hotel pick-up in air conditioned mini van. Introduction comments about the context of favelas in Rio city and Brazilian society.
|9:30 a.m. / 2:30 p.m.
||- Arriving in Rocinha, welcoming, explanation about the architecture, public services, carnival, etc.
- Going to a local terrace, pause for pictures of a breathtaking view over Rio, talks about the security, local infrastructure and other aspects of favelas.
- Driving down through the "Estrada da Gávea", a former F1 race track.
- Stop at the Rocinha Handcraft Center.
- Visiting the commercial area.
|10:30 a.m. / 3:30 p.m.
- Arriving in Vila Canoas, visiting the "MORANGUINHOS" or "SACI SABE TUDO" community school. This social project is financed by the tour. Besides regular classes, the school teaches local kids initial computer skills and the art of making handcrafts that can also be purchased by the visitor.
- Walk through the community.
- Optional stop for a drink in a local "buteco".
- Stop at the local square. Informations about the "Favela Bairro" urbanization project.
|11:30 a.m./ 4:30 p.m.
||- Return to the hotel through all the south zone beaches.
- Final talks.
|Attention: FAVELA TOUR is the only one !!
Tours in favelas? You may find others ...
The difference? Our reputation and the quality of our services
(see comments/review section)